Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Point and Shoot Part I

Last night my SIL, Shawnna, and I started a two-part photography class. We are taking it through Jenks Community Education. They offer lots of great classes and the best part is the classes are inexpensive. Our class is teaching us how to optimize the use of a point and shoot camera. Although I long to have an SLR camera, for the time being I am making the most with what I have. I currently own a Sony Cyber-shot, it's a great camera and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Last night our instructor taught us about shooting in manual mode. This makes for the best pictures because you can select settings based on your surroundings and the subject you are photographing. We learned about aperture, shutter speed and white balance. A lot of cameras allow you to set the aperture and then the camera figures out the shutter speed but my camera is full manual mode where I have to set both so it's going to take a lot of practice for me to get good at it. Last night I came home and got right to work on my favorite test subject.




Tavia makes a great model because she stays still for long periods of time :)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so interesting. . .I would really love to take better pictures! I love how big Tavia's eyes look in the second shot.

    ReplyDelete