Sunday, September 12, 2010

Baby Shower Mania

AB and I used to attend what seemed like a wedding a weekend. In recent years we have graduated from weddings to baby showers. In the past couple of months I’ve hosted two and attended one. Next weekend I have a baby shower marathon with three in one day! This past Friday we hosted a couple’s for our good friends Brian and Alisha.




Please note this pic of the expectant couple is from another shower, I am very frustrated with myself because I took absolutely no pictures of this event! I’ll just have to give you the gist of it and you can use your imagination. Baby T’s nursery is pink and green so I decided to go with a pink and green theme. I sent out these cute invites from Tiny Prints.



My friend Addie made a super cute diaper cake that I used as a centerpiece for my dining table. I was lucky to find these pink and green gems at Sam’s and I put them out on my mantle and the other tables I had set up for guests to sit at.

I also adorned the mantle with a banner my friend Katie and I made that spelled out Brian and Alisha’s last name and had their baby pictures on it.

For dinner we went with an Italian theme and served tomato vodka pasta, salad, bruschetta, a savory cheesecake and garlic bread. For dessert I had my MIL’s famous chocolate chip walnut cookies and pink and green cupcakes. The drink list included a pink martini and too keep it cold I added frozen green grapes (the frozen fruit trick is great because it doesn't water down your drink like ice). Everything turned out so cute, I'm just kicking myself for not taking any pics!! I also want to take this opportunity to give a shout out to my MIL Melissa who drove to Tulsa to help me out, I couldn't have done it without her!


Since I don’t have any pics of Brian & Alisha's shower, I will share some from the baby shower my friend Addie and I threw for our friend Liz back in August. Liz is having a baby boy in October.


Addie took the pics with my dream camera, they look like they’re from a magazine! We had a brunch shower and served mini quiche, mango salsa and potato casserole. We also set up a yogurt bar and had these super cute donuts made at OK Country Donut Shoppe.




My MIL bought this super cute punch bowl for me a few months ago and I was so excited to have an opportunity to use it!






Addie also made this diaper cake so you can envision what the other one looked like. She is a woman of many talents!








I'm kind of on a roll here so I'll go ahead and share a few pics from the girls shower my friend Shonda and Karla threw for Alisha. Here is a pic of the hottie hostesses :)




Look at this spread! Shonda did the flowers herself, aren't they gorgeous? Talk about another woman of many talents!





Shonda always has funny napkins at her parties and this one was no exception.






Here is a pic of the four of us. Karla and Shonda put on a great shower, it was lots of fun! I look forward to the one they'll be throwing for me someday...(maybe ha ha)!







Note to self: never put pics Addie has taken with pics I have taken in the same post, mine sort of pale in comparison!




4 comments:

  1. So sad our banner didn't make its blogging debut ;). I love Shonda's napkins. Hilar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Your menu at Alisha's shower sounded yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like all of your showers have been adorable! I need to be better about pictures too. Also-I am officially obsessed with your punch bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be silly! You take great pics and now you are even trained!! That food was DELish! You are the woman of many talents!

    ReplyDelete