Saturday, September 4, 2010

Get Out of the Road!

Today AB and I almost witnessed a catastrophe. As we were driving down Riverside a large truck swerved off the road to miss hitting a squirrel. I know they’re cute but they’re just rodents with a puffy tail, definitely not worth risking your life for! My sweet husband said “I wish they wouldn’t do that. You’d think after watching several of their friends and relatives die they wouldn’t want to run into the road.” I didn’t really have the heart to tell him that squirrels don’t exactly have the same intellect we do.

Before we witnessed the near catastrophic event, AB and I breakfasted at Dilly Deli. If you work downtown you may have eaten there for lunch but if you haven’t tried their breakfast it’s a must! It is so good and they serve breakfast all day on the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I sometimes think that when a squirrel darts in traffic like that, it is actually some sort of squirrel gang initiation. Like it is that, or beating other unsuspecting squirrels with heavy nuts or something. Glad to know that AB and I are on the same genius level.

    Happy weekending!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, squirrel gang initiation/suicide is no joke. It is rampant in the south. Just sad.

    ReplyDelete