Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mind Reading

Do you ever wish your husband was a mind reader? This is a common issue in my marriage – my husband just isn’t able to read my mind. Does anyone else have this issue? I guess I thought the day we said “I Do” meant we were one and he totally knew what was going on inside of my head. For instance, I thought when he heard me making a ruckus while loading 2 card tables and 8 chairs into my Jeep by myself he would come running or when he enters the room and I am putting new sheets on our bed that would drum up a sympathy offer to help, but this is not always the case. I tend to get upset when he doesn’t read my mind which then causes a disagreement because he expects me to actually ASK for help. What? This isn’t what I signed up for – hello, what happened to my very own Miss Cleo?


I realize it is ludicrous for me to expect him to read my mind but a girl can dream can’t she? I also need to give my husband some credit, he does a LOT and when I mean a lot, if I told you all that he does you would probably wonder what in the heck I do around here ;)

4 comments:

  1. I hear you on all of this! Jerod does so much around here but sometimes I get upset about the littlest thing I think he should magically know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud - Miss Cleo!!! Maybe you can get Tavia to help out. Pudge and Carter always offer. It is the thumb thing that gets them every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, yes, this is definitely at the top of my husband wish list. I am so with you on the loading or unloading of the car. I feel like he should just immediately come running to the garage when he hears the garage door open, because doesn't he know I've probably been shopping and have lots to unload?? This has only intensified since I got knocked up. Sigh.
    Let me know if you come up with some sort of telepathic solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me if the movie the break up. I want you to want to do the dishes!!

    ReplyDelete