Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Chris

Today is my BIL's birthday and to celebrate the occasion we had him, his lovely wife Shawnna and our two cute nieces over for dinner on Saturday.

Chris, our sweet niece Elliot and AB. Hey Elliot? Over here!

Cheese!

I never have a problem with Lilly cheesing it up for the camera!

I especially love her model poses :)

My ever present kitchen helper and I whipped out some fabulous treats for the occasion. Don't worry I scrub down the counter tops before cooking and keep her summoned to ground help only!

First up - The Pioneer Woman's Shrimpo De Gallo. Delicious! Megan from my Girl's Night group made this not too long ago and I was addicted after the first bite! Sorry I didn't get any "in-process" pics, just after the fact.


Next up Ham & Cheese Sliders. My friend Alisha came across the recipe for these here. They were a crowd pleaser and super easy!

Alisha also provided the recipe for my next two creations. She recently bought a Taste of Home magazine that featured their top rated recipes. I made many copies out of the magazine and chose to make this Potato Salad unfortunately I didn't get a pic. Again, it was easy and yummy!

For dessert I made these mini peanut butter cheesecakes. Mine don't look quite as pretty as theirs but they were still scrumptious!
I also have to give a shout out to AB for helping me in the kitchen! He did quite a bit of the chopping prep for the shrimpo de gallo :) and as usual, he did quite a bit of the clean up! It was a fun night with the fam and hopefully a happy birthday for Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment