Thursday, July 21, 2011

What Do You Think?

Inquiring minds want to know: If someone had something in their teeth would you tell them? I'm all for the honesty approach. If I notice someone has food in their teeth, lipstick out of whack, a fly open or the worst, a ninja in the rafters (aka booger in the nose) I tell them. Yes, it's awkward for you and embarrassing for them but I would want someone to tell me! Nothing is worse than realizing one of these things has happened to you and nobody bothered to tell you. This morning I picked my friend Alisha up on the way to work and thank goodness because we were still in the car when she informed me my shirt was on backwards but actually it was on inside out (even worse)! This reminded me of another wardrobe malfunction quite a few years ago when I wore two different shoes to work. Sometimes instead of drinking coffee, I smoke crack in the mornings ;) Ha! I obviously need to do a better job of doing a once over in the mirror before I leave my house!


I think the best story I have on this subject involves my friend and boss, Shonda. She once received a resume from a girl that stated she was a liaison (go between) between her sorority and the library (or something like that). The problem was she spelled liaison lesion, as in an abnormality of your skin due to disease. Shonda took it upon herself to email the girl and point out her mistake. I'm sure the girl was absolutely mortified but in my opinion it was the best thing that could have happened to her. The misspelling would have caused most people to toss the resume in the trash never giving it a second thought. Hopefully the email caused her to fix the error and get a job! This instance also earned Shonda the nickname Pontotoc County Spelling Bee Champ and I have no doubts that she probably was :)


Have you guys ever had to point out a beyond embarrassing mistake to someone or had one pointed out to you?

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I am all about the honesty here! Because frankly, if I wasn't, I would be walking around with a husband whose fly is down half the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You SO have to be honest about this stuff! I have found that people are grateful if you do it in a nice way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would tell you for sure. PS the post below wouldn't let me comment but I LOVE Lily's poses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya on the honesty approach! I've never heard the 'ninja in the rafters' phrase. Now that I know it, I'm secretly hoping to see someone with this going on just so I can use my new phrase! If nothing else, I'll be able to use it with the hubby before too long. Probably by the end of the day...

    ReplyDelete