Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sleeping In

One of the things I like best about the weekend is sleeping in! Many of you have children so sleeping in is not an option. That is why I treasure the fact that I can still do this and savor every second. I love sleep - I like going to bed early, taking naps and sleeping in! Granted, I try not to sleep too late because I don't want to waste two free days but AB and I have been known to sleep the morning away on occasion. The luxury of sleeping in has ended in our house, and no we do not have a baby on the way. We have a kitten, a crazy kitten named Phoebe, who has figured out how to open the guest bedroom door. See, we put her in the guest room at night because of her aforementioned craziness, but with the help of this lovely football door knob she can get out. Side note: we referred to this house as the football house when we were house shopping and after three years we still haven't managed to get rid of all of the football paraphernalia.


This morning sweet, serene Tavia was cuddled up next to me when at roughly 6:30am Phoebe jumps into bed and attacks her thus starting Wrestle Mania! WWF continued on our bed for quite some time, all the while AB and I tried to ignore it and cling to the last minutes of rest. Phoebe finally felt the need to leave Tavia at peace, but decided to bring one of her toys into bed and grapple with it. Sleeping in was just not in the cards today :(

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love sleep!!! This cracked me up- I can just see you guys laying there, trying to ignore two cats rumbling all around you on the bed! :) Smart kitty!

    ReplyDelete