Monday, February 14, 2011

Be Mine

Happy Valentine's Day! So I'm not one to go all out for this Holiday, I especially like to avoid crowded restaurants and sappy love scenes. I do, however, think it is nice to show the one you are with a token of your love and appreciation. Last night I prepared a candle light dinner for my Valentine.

I made one of our favorite recipes, Giada De Laurentiis' Italian Baked Chicken and Pastina. For the recipe click here. I'll let you in on a little Megan variation, I like to use a 10 oz can of chicken breast meat (drained). When you sautee the chicken, it kind of shreds up and adds a nice flavor and texture to the casserole.



For dessert I made chocolate chip cookie hot fudge sundaes and they were yummy! I used Pillsbury ready to make dough, mushed three pieces of dough together to make one cookie then added ice cream and hot fudge. The key was to slightly underbake the cookies. Typing this is making me want to make one right now!



After dinner we snuggled up with our Furry Valentines to watch the Grammy Awards. What a nice night - what are you doing with your Valentine?


2 comments:

  1. That pastina has to be the best and easiest recipe ever.

    Pudge and Carter send their Valentine's wishes to Pheobe and Tavia. (And lots of licks and sniffs.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute...I love your candles in the mason jars! I'm going to have to try that recipe, Katie had posted about it too! Your furry little valentine's look pretty cozy.

    ReplyDelete