Friday, February 4, 2011

2010 Year End Recap Part II

We are two months into the new year and I am FINALLY getting around to posting the rest of my 2010 year end recap. Forgive me for the slowness! I think I left off with Thanksgiving/Christmas with my family. After that I took another part of the CPA exam and in December I found out I passed two of the three parts I've taken thus far so it's nice to know I'm half way there!


December is always a crazy month with shopping, Holiday parties, etc. so I decided to take a break from studying and I'm thankful I did because I would not have been able to fit it in with everything else. I'm also thankful I was able to enjoy the Holiday season without stressing about the test. I kicked off my study break by hosting an Ornament Exchange. I invited my girlfriends from work and added Katie and Addie to the mix. Of course I didn't take any pictures but lucky for me Katie did and she also posted about it on her blog so you can check it our here.


Santa dropped off one of his reindeer to help us make it through the craziness of the Holiday season. Isn't she a cutie? And I wonder why she pees on our carpet :)


This was our year to spend Christmas with AB's family. His family starts the celebrating on Christmas Eve and they leave Christmas Day for Santa but this year the girls had so many gifts they were the only ones to do any opening on Christmas Eve. It was so much fun watching them open all their gifts. This picture makes me laugh because AB's mom is really tickled about something. I'm not sure what she is laughing at but I thought it was a fun pic.


AB and his brother trying to act like they are having fun. AB is kind of a Scrooge when it comes to the Holidays but we still love him :)


Here is a sweet picture of Lilly with her Mimi & Papa showing off her new granddaughter bracelet. What a special gift!

We bought the same Adirondack chairs for the girls that we did for Jude. I think they liked them just as much. Score for Uncle Andy & Aunt Megan!




Andy and I got to help play Santa this year. It was so much fun! I helped Shawnna put together a Barbie house and Andy wrote the note from Santa. Here is Lilly with her Barbie house. Santa also brought her an outdoor pool for her Barbies and this closet for all of her Sandie Doll clothes. Sandie and Barbie are going to be living large after Santa's visit!


This is my favorite picture...you can just see the pure bliss in her eyes. At one point while all the adults were eating and she was playing with her new Barbie house we overheard her say it was the best Christmas ever! So cute considering she's only had four, ha ha :)


This is the best picture I was able to take of both girls, at least they are both sort of looking at the camera. Aren't their matching dresses cute?


We never could have imagined that this would have been our last Christmas with AB's dad. We are so very thankful that the entire family was able to be together and we will savor every precious memory!

4 comments:

  1. Just love the Reindeer!! If I could keep some sort of holiday ears on my dogs year round, I totally would. I may even go as far as to permanently a fix them to their heads. It would be worth it. Totally worth it. And I also have your bedding from PB...clearly we are long lost geniuses.

    I am so sorry to hear about ABs dad. It is just tough and hard any way you imagine it. Along with all the people who are thinking of you, add one from Texas.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post! The girls are adorable. And if you put antlers on my head, I might pee on your carpet too ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tavia looks so cute! As do the girls. . .I love their huge smiles and matching dresses:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww a granddaughter bracelet! how sweet!

    ReplyDelete