Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Miracle Non-Drug

Hello World, I’m back. I feel like I’ve risen from the ashes of sickness. My illness only lasted 24 hours but it felt more like 24 days. It. Was. Awful. I will not go into the gory details but I will give you some promo highlights. Basically my body was rejecting food and liquid like Laura Winslow rejected Steve Urkel. In addition I had a fever and I couldn’t sleep. My sweet AB called the Dr. and hooked me up with an anti-nausea medicine. It did help me sleep but unfortunately it didn’t’ take care of my Urkel problem. By 7:30pm I was taking the tiniest sips of water possible but my body still wasn’t having it. At that point I couldn’t even get up off the bathroom floor. Both cats happened to be with me and I've learned that those two need to take some tips from Lassie! Tavia sat by me looking freaked out while Phoebe tried to eat my hair. I thought when I told them Timmy was in the well and needed help they would rush to AB. Instead I was stuck with a nervous nelly and a crazy kitten with a hair fetish, who I might add also enjoys eating dust bunnies and fuzz off of blankets. Lucky for them AB and I have a telekinetic thing going and he was by my side in minutes. My sweet husband took me to the Urgent Care where they tipped me off to one of the greatest things I’ve ever experienced, an IV of fluids. Hello? Why have I never had one of these before? Why can’t you just buy these at Walgreen’s and keep a stock of them in your home? They. Are. Wonderful. I felt so much better after being re hydrated and after being on the mend for a couple of days I finally feel back to normal. I hope I’m never that sick again but just in case I need to make those cats watch a few episodes of Lassie!

4 comments:

  1. Well, aren't you funny today! ;) Steve and Laura -ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious!! Not that you were sick, but just the post in general. :) And yes- those cats definitely need some Lassie lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you're in rare form Ms. Comedian but Hmmmm.....a phone call by AB to his MIL didn't hurt beause I basically told him he needed to take you to an Urgent Care center or ER as I knew my little girl with the tiny body would more than likely need fluids. It's like I told AB, "she has no reserves to fight with". And...yes, full hydration feels great since the majority of Americans walk around in a perpetual state of dehydration. And you were in a majorly exacerbated state of dehydration. So......Glad you're feeling better. And...too funny, better order that Lassie DVD pronto so the cats can watch it while you're at work. ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete