Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Big Six-0


Last month my Dad hit a milestone birthday - the big six-0! We helped him celebrate by having an intimate get together at my parent's house that included our immediate family and some close family friends.



I was in charge of invitations and decorations! I am very lucky that my BFF is so creative! I had her make the invitations using this picture of my Dad.




Unfortunately I don't have an image of said invitations but they were fabulous! Thank you Katie!

On to the decorations, which I kept pretty simple. I picked up some cute 60 themed items at Party City to put on the mantle and Katie helped me make the Happy Birthday banner with her Cricut. I really like how the banner turned out and I'm excited that I can use it for future birthday celebrations. I also had some 6o themed confetti that I spread around some of the tables.





My mom had a cake made with the invitation as inspiration. Isn't it great?! And it gives you an idea of what the invitations looked like. Super cute!






Here's the whole crew :) (AB is such a giant compared to my family) We had lots of fun! It was great to see family friends that I hadn't seen in many years and it was also a treat to have my MIL Melissa (unfortunately not pictured-where were you Melissa?) there to celebrate with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment