Sunday, October 31, 2010

Football on Crack

AB recently purchased the NFL RedZone and I'm not sure how his brain doesn't short circuit at the end of each Sunday. The point of this channel is to flip to an NFL game when a team reaches the RedZone (inside the 20-yard line) this enables the viewer to see each and every touchdown made during the day. While eating lunch I sat down to experience this phenomenon, only to have my head hurt after 15 minutes. It's like football ADD! Within the 15 minutes the screen switched about 50 times, sometimes showing two games at once. After the first couple of flips, I couldn't keep up with which game we were watching...it was awful! AB on the other hand loves it! He is a fantasy football fanatic so he doesn't care about any particular game, just the players and how many points they are scoring for his fantasy teams. If you have the attention span of about 3 seconds I would highly recommend it :)

Between NFL RedZone, Thunder basketball games and the MLB Extra Innings package, AB has become quite the TV hog! I've been begging him to buy a nicer TV and a 2nd DVR for our game room so I can squeeze in a couple of shows now and then. Lucky for him I'm studying and not watching that much TV, but once this exam is behind me there are going to be some issues because my love of sports doesn't exactly equate to his.

4 comments:

  1. I hear you. We only have basic cable and Jerod watches football from noon until I go to sleep on Sundays. I have been spending all of today in the bedroom and my craft room. He says we are going to watch a movie tonight but I bet that depends on how exciting "the game" is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, the RedZone is so bad I couldn't even read your entire post because I was expecting the blogger page to switch. I am pretty convinced it is the anti-christ. Either that, or when you get the subscription, it comes with a few months worth of adderall. Can't handle it. Not one bit.

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....Ms. Megan, you do know how to make your Mother proud!!! Hmmmm....on another topic, me thinks another blogger might be trying to hit on you.
    Yowza!!!!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete