Friday, November 5, 2010

Rollin' With His Lady

While driving home not too long ago I approached a low riding truck with tinted windows. Emblazoned on the driver’s side rear window was “Shadow” and emblazoned on the passenger’s side rear window was “Shadow’s Lady”. My first thought was how Shadow would be a good name for a horse because Shadow’s Lady sounds like something you might hear while attending the Kentucky Derby. Of course when I pulled up next to Shadow, lets just say he was not someone I pictured sipping Mint Juleps at Churchill Downs. Then I started thinking about Shadow and his Lady. I loved that he not only made himself known but he also acknowledged the fact that he was rollin’ with his lady. Forget the fact that she has her own name, she is HIS - Shadow’s Lady, and by now she probably doesn’t even remember the fact that she has her own name. Wouldn’t it be fun to roll like that? I want to be known as my husband’s lady but AB and AB’s Lady is a little too milk toast. Then there is my husband’s high school and college nickname, Doo Doo. I’m not really digging Doo Doo and Doo Doo’s Lady either. Well, it was a fun thought but I guess I’ll just stick to being known as myself :)

2 comments:

  1. Doo Doo??? I don't remember this!
    I think you guys should do it though.. If anyone could pull it off, it's the two of you.

    How about Brownie and Brownie's Lady?

    OR, mix it up and go for Tavia's Mom and Tavia's Dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't remember DooDoo Brown, Aja?!? I don't know, I think it's got a good ring to it! Or, how about Lady DooDoo (like GaGa)? I can get it started if you want:).

    ReplyDelete