Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pip Squeak

Yesterday I made a mad dash to the mall to try on some dresses at Ann Taylor Loft.  I found two, both on sale - score!  As I was basking in my I got such a good deal glory I stopped by the kiosk in front of the Apple store that puts permanent screen protectors on iphones and computers.  The stick on protector I have for my iphone is looking worn out and I had heard people at the office talking about the permanent ones.  There was a kid working the kiosk who looked to be late high school/early college age.  I asked him if he could write the prices down on a business card but he suggested I take a picture of them with my phone (kids!).  As I was doing this he asked me if I had the new ios5 system downloaded to which I answered yes.  He then told me he had a cool trick he could show me.  I asked him if it was the fact you can use your camera without unlocking your phone.  He said, and I quote "Yes!  That's awesome - my Mom would never be able to figure that out!"  {Insert Record Scratch Here}  In my head I said - Hold up - Your Mom?!!  I'm no spring chicken but there is NO WAY I look old enough to be your Mom you little pip squeak!  In real life I just smiled, turned around, walked out of the mall and felt deflated for the rest of the evening.

5 comments:

  1. Seriously??? This made me laugh out loud!!! Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooooooo!! I'll be sure to avoid that kiosk! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, how did I not know about the photo-taking-while-phone-is-still-locked function with iOS5? I must be old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite sure he wasn't insinuating that you were old enough to be his Mother unless his Mother was 12 when she had him, just probably stating the fact that you ARE much more tech savvy than his Mom. And if you doubt that, we'll go back in together when I'm there in Dec. and he'll be able to figure out in a hurry which one is the "old broad". Hee....hee...hee.... Love you, you sweet young thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog!
    I really hate it when that happens- it's hard not to take offense. Like when someone calls me Ma'am or they think that I'm my nephews mother- he's 15!
    Great story though ;)

    ReplyDelete