Thursday, August 4, 2011

July Birthday Celebrations Part II


I hope you knew that if I had a Part One, I would have a Part Two. Last Friday we celebrated another July birthday! Addie turned the Big 3-0! Her celebration took place at The Mayo Hotel. Everyone started out with cocktails in her suite, unfortunately AB and I missed out on that part :( Then everyone headed to dinner at Trula, the hotel restaurant.

You may notice all my pictures look a little funky. I was trying out the Instagram App on my iPhone and quite frankly I had no idea what I was doing so we'll just say I was going for an artistic feel when I created this post. Here are a few candid poses from dinner.

Me & Katie

Ben & Greg (they were pumped about posing)

Greg & Tommy

After dinner we went back to the suite for more cocktails and of course birthday cake! The cake was one of the best I've ever tasted and I do not even like cake!

Katie, Me, Addie & Emily

AB enjoying some cake


The Birthday Girl & Me

The cake was a Ribbon Cake from Rasberries N Creme Bakery in Oklahoma City. It's one layer of milk chocolate cake, one layer of sour cream white cake, fresh Italian cream and strawberries between the layers, then iced with whipped cream. Seriously delicious!!


The party didn't stop after the cake! Who knew there was so much to do in one spot right? After dessert some of us headed up to The Mayo Penthouse Bar. This was my second time to visit the bar. If you live in Tulsa and haven't been - it's a must! They have added outdoor seating since the last time I had been which was nice. The views of downtown are great and even on a hot night like last Friday, there was a nice breeze flowing in between the buildings. Being up there just makes you feel so Metropolitan and hip ;)

Greg & AB on the rooftop

We had so much fun and as a special treat for our anniversary AB and I stayed at The Mayo that night. I'll have more on that in my next post...

1 comment: