Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Food For Thought

Have any of you ever tried the Fruit N' Yogurt Parfait from McDonald's? Yum - I am hooked! I was always hesitant to try one because I thought it might mimic their hot fudge sunday which has a lot of ice cream but is lacking in the hot fudge department. What a pleasant surprise; lots of fruity goodness in the middle and crunchy granola on top. The best part is they're only $1 so cheers to being a dollar menunaire ;)


Another food I wanted to bring to your attention are the new granola thins by Nature Valley. My friend Karla turned me onto them. I haven't tried the chocolate (pictured below) but I can vouch for the peanut butter, they are delish!
The problem is they are a little small. I think you're supposed to eat them as a snack so being small is actually the point but it sort of defeats my purpose of eating them for breakfast. By mid-morning I'm scavenging around at work for pork rinds and cheese puffs! JK! Not about the fact that those are the snacks offered at my office (can you believe that?) just about the scavenging part. I would rather go hungry than eat a pork rind for breakfast, or any time of the day for that matter.

7 comments:

  1. Megan,

    I discovered those granola thins a few weeks ago and of course got the chocolate ones. They are great for my eve. snack and as Rachel Ray would say "Yummo"
    Glad to hear you wouldn't think of succumbing to pork rinds for breakfast. BLEAH!!! Perhaps you could suggest your company start a Wellness Program. It really is a wonderful program to have in the work place. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, looking forwad to trying the granola thins! You know I am always on the hunt for new breakfast food.

    Cracking up over the yogurt -- have you been living under a rock? I have been eating this for literally years. You should have asked :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pork rinds?? Seriously, who is in charge of your office vending maching options? :) Hilarious.
    Mmmm.. both of those snacks look great right now! I will have to try out both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find those granola things? I have looked at 2 grocery stores b/c I had a coupon and thought they sounded extremely yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found them! I found them at the Tulsa Hills Target. A lot of times they are sold out so they must be popular. Score for Nature Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must try those new granola bars! They look delish.

    ReplyDelete