Back to reality! I want to share a baked potato soup recipe that is just perfect for a cold winter's night such as this. You can make it on the stove or in the slow cooker. I opt for slow cooker because I love being able to dump all the ingredients into a pot and go. The best part is - no peeling potatoes! I found the recipe on my all recipes app.
Creamy Potato Soup
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 5 large potatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- Place bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until bacon is evenly brown and onions are soft. Drain off excess grease.
- Transfer the bacon and onion to a slow cooker, and stir in chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, dill weed, and white pepper. Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 7 hours, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and half-and-half. Stir into the soup along with the evaporated milk. Cover, and cook another 30 minutes before serving.
I didn't add my bacon until the very end because I wanted it to stay crispy. I also garnished it with cheese. Super yummy!
I hope you all are keeping cozy like these two fur balls on this chilly night!