Monday, December 12, 2011

Copy Cat Chic - Shoes Addition

Who doesn't love the copy cat chic blog?  Lately I've been doing my own copy catting but in the shoes department.  For some reason I'm really digging faux fur this season and I say some reason because fur has never really been my thing.  I've always associated fur with women who start drinking scotch and water at four o'clock in the afternoon.  Who knows, maybe I'm maturing?  I should point out real fur is still not my thing.  I'm not going to go all PETA on you and I do think Tavia would make a pretty coat...

 but I just can't get into it! I don't see any harm in the faux look and in my search for a pair of black non-heeled boots I was really drawn to the faux fur pairs.  Particularly this pair.
While I've never really been into Uggs, I was digging these!  Of course they came with the $250 Ugg price tag which is kind of ridiculous and I came to my senses AB said absolutely not.  In hind sight he was right, they are trendy and as soon as they go out of style I will no longer wear them.  Lucky for me I was able to find a similar pair at Express for 1/5 the cost!  I love them and I especially love that I didn't pay a fortune for them!


The story of these boots reminded me of a similar copy cat shoe experience I had last year so I just had to share!  Everyday I walk one or two blocks to my office building from the parking lot which is absolutely no big deal, I enjoy the exercise.  Although, when it rains small streams and ponds seem to pop up everywhere on that small journey and I'm always soaking my shoes and the bottom of my jeans.  As you know, denim does not dry!  So I decided to break down and buy a pair of the ever so trendy rain boots.  Of course I fell in love with these Sperry's, the most expensive pair I could find (my standard M.O.)
Even AB didn't have to tell me it was crazy to spend $80 on a pair of shoes I was only going to wear in the rain.  After some Internet scouring I came across these very similar boots from Walmart - yes! Walmart!  And again I only paid a fraction of the cost.


What girl doesn't love a good deal on a pair of shoes? 


3 comments:

  1. I am impressed, Megan! I actually like the express boots better than the UGG version. They look a little dressier like they could dress up or down. Great finds!

    Oh and I DO love Copy cat chic, but most of her copies are still too pricey for my budget...a girl can dream!

    ReplyDelete